Monday, April 25, 2011

Surprisingly Stretchy

Gooooood Monday everybody!  Who here has knitted a sweater before?  Either adult, teen, child, or infant?  I just started knitting sweaters around Christmas, because I found a pattern that I loved and thought I would try it; and I had the perfect yarn to use that was sitting around my house for 2 years.  It was a great pattern and worked up real easily for a newbie, but when I was done with the collar and cuffs and had to bind off, I did it the normal way.  However, that was way too tight!  It wasn't stretchy at all, you could get your arm through it, but it would cut the circulation off if you moved.  So I did some searching, and found Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off.  It is great!  It made the bind offs super stretchy and worked perfectly!  I highly recommend it if you make sweaters, it's a bit more complicated, but worth the effort.

1 comment:

  1. LOL - I've hit a few problems sewing before. When I first started I used to make clothes for my Barbie’s and my cats (don't laugh, I was only 8). I remember trying to get a pink puffy coat on my MALE cat, Oranges, and had the same problem with the sleeves. Poor cat - he was so sweet.

    ReplyDelete