Monday, May 9, 2011

Why Oh Why

Ok, so I've been working on this blanket for my father in-law since before Christmas.  I always HATE working on afghans because I get bored with them!  However, I seemed to have a brain fart months ago when I decided making him a blanket would be a great idea.  I was hoping to give it to him in January after Christmas when we saw him to do out Christmas thing, but even though I worked on it all the time and stayed up really late to work on it to get it done before we went up to see him, it didn't get done.  That could've been the end of it, but I decided to take it up north with us to show him "here, I really do have a Christmas gift for you guys, but I haven't finished it yet."  So now he knows I'm working on a blanket for him.

After we got back home I set it aside (I needed time away from that blanket) and haven't picked it up again till yesterday because we're going up to see them again this weekend!  Why do I do this to myself?!?  I have to make 13 squares each 10 inches by 10 inches and sew them together and then make the border.  All by this Friday!!
So, needless to say, there probably won't be anything new in my store for a while :(

1 comment:

  1. LOL - I get bored making things sometimes and need to take time off also. Nothing makes me more miserable than a task that has to be done when I'm over it.

    ReplyDelete